View Single Post

Old 08-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's what Bounce do and that's why I like their shows a lot and don't feel they're just pretending to be Bon Jovi. They give it their own spin and just try to capture the spirit of the song which (well, mostly) works.
I have seen some cover bands that are cringe worthy - but I have also seen some that have made me "almost" as happy as the real thing.

To this day I prefer Jovi - but they are still out there playing and I get to see them. Ditto for Springsteen, though I have to give a shout out to the B Street Band which has been around forever and sounds great. I'm not sure I have ever heard of a Southside cover band.

But - going backward - I am not going to see Pink Floyd live ever again and a few of the cover bands are damn good, Blue Floyd and Brit Floyd especially. Ditto for Led Zeppelin (may they RIP). I am not going to see them again (damnit) so the closest I am going to get is a good cover band. And there are a few that play Jersey that are damn good. Give me a drink (or two) and a Zeppelin cover band and I am a happy camper.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.