View Single Post

Old 03-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Bad Name remakes

I have to admit Bad Name is a better song than I have given it credit for being. I always loved the studio version, but I never really liked the live version much because I didn't think the live music lived up to the studio music. The guitar always seemed whiny and annoying to me live.

But after hearing Jax do a completely different version of it on Idol last night and Blake Lewis do a completely different version of it on Idol several years ago, I realized that it's a better song than I thought--only a good song can be reworked as drastically as these two did it and still sound good. Their versions might not be your cup of tea, but they were entertaining and certainly enjoyed by some people.

Jax:

Blake:

To be honest I actually LOVED the TLFR version of Bad Name when I saw it live at the Borgata too. I honestly have liked all the live remakes of Bad Name better than the standard live version. Night one as better than night 2 though. It was night 2 that made the DVD.

TLFR: