View Single Post

Old 09-29-2016, 12:50 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Default Bon Jovi and Virtual Reality

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...t-vr/91225372/

I've been a Virtual Reality user now for approaching two years as an early adopter of Samsung's Gear VR. From the outset, it came with a sample of Next VR capturing a Cold Play performance, instantly convincing me as to the very near future reality of these broadcasts. I never got into Cold Play, but being in the front row watching the band play live and looking to my sides to see the others in attendance getting into it just sucked me in.

Currently, Joan Jett has a VR app that is rather basic, yet immersive. It features 4 recently filmed songs in VR that position you right on stage in front of Joan. You have to download them, but while you are in the virtual waiting room, there is a TV set playing old Joan Jett videos to keep you occupied. I'm not even a fan of the band, but it was pretty damn cool all around and a preview for what is to come in music multimedia that revitalizes the industry.

Muse also released their music video for Revolt in VR.

Bon Jovi is not mentioned or confirmed, but chances are highly likely they are one of the 10. The sports broadcasts by Next VR have been impressive. After you settle in, it is easy to forget you are not actually there. You invest emotionally as if you are there in person.

Playstation VR hits next month and is well worth pursuing for content like this alone. Gear VR is for any Galaxy smartphone owner with the Note 4 and up. The advantage is no wires and affordability. The disadvantage is overheating is possible, which forces removing the headset. That will not occur with Playstation.

Last edited by Bleeding Purist; 09-29-2016 at 12:53 AM..