View Single Post

Old 09-30-2016, 06:50 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Would love to see it happen. Even something like Google Cardboard is pretty fun and I'd love to see an immerse Bon Jovi concert like that.
While Google Cardboard was a cheap way to introduce the idea of VR to people, thankfully they are moving on from it to Daydream, which Google should be announcing more details on in a few days. It created the notion of VR as a novelty and lead to expecting Gear VR as nothing more than an expensive Google Cardboard headset. So you had those that tried Gear VR anyway and were blown away by the difference (and wound up dumping their iPhone for a Galaxy to get it,) but then you had those that shut it out because they assumed it was the same thing.

Right now, NextVR is only available on Gear VR, but I expect they will roll out an app for PlayStation as well as Vive and Oculus. If you can get access to them, they do have highlights posted from various past streams so you can experience their quality. Unfortunately, they don't tend to keep these broadcasts for on-demand.