View Single Post

Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
But no one is going to write off the band from one dodgy x-mas performance. Of course it'll get more views between November and December but there's tons of solid holiday covers they've done that this is a blip in a drop in a bucket, I think you're over-worrying.
I'm not over-worrying at all nor do I think anyone will write off the band because of it. I'm just making a clear statement as to why I think it was a bad idea to take a classic John Lennon Christmas song and butcher it with no skilled singers. Christmas songs are timeless and I was just making a general assumption.

This isn't just another version of Bad Name that will get lost in the shuffle.

Every Christmas from now until who knows, casual fans will search "Bon Jovi Christmas" and listen to someones playlist and this awful version will pop up every time. They are not going to think, research, or know the cute little story behind it all. They are going to say WTF is this and move on.

I think Jon's vocal is actually pretty decent but a little shaky at times and a good chorus definitely makes or breaks it here.