View Single Post

Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
I'm glad I got to see them a lot during The Circle Tour. Even though I don't love the album, the tour was very good, specially Europe. You could tell from the beggining of the tour that very nice moments were about to come: The acoustic version of Something For The Pain, Richie doing Homebound Train, songs from the first two albuns … Now take the WAN tour: the first setlists of the tour were a complete snoozfest and it got worse when Richie left.
While I agree with you that The Circle tour was awesome... especially mixing it up with acoustic SFTP and Richie's Homebound Train. I disagree that the first few shows of the WAN tour were boring... yeah, they played a lot of the WAN stuff, but for the most part that's a good thing. I'd much rather hear Army of One, I'm With You, and What's Left of Me than Work, WWWB, and Lost Highway... especially on the WAN tour. Not to mention they played Wild is the Wind the first few shows! By the time I got to see them, they were only playing the weakest songs from WAN (with the exception of Water)... it was just the Circle Tour, but without any of the special moments list above.

Everyone complains about the first few shows and I just don't get it. Granted, I wasn't there, but on paper I'd take those shows in favor of the later American arena tour set lists.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...