View Single Post

Old 08-22-2015, 02:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
There's something about his voice that I don't like. Maybe it's that he's not Jon...
I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, if they were playing locally, I'd go in a second but as far as a Jovi replacement, it's just not there.

Musically, they are brilliant and the lead singer has a great voice but that's where it ends. He sounds nothing like Jon nor does he deliver a song like Jon. I think he would be great in a My Chemical Romance cover band instead.

Trying to be the perfect Jon is like trying to be the perfect Elvis. The worst thing about being a Jovi fan is, you'll never find that perfect cover band. There are too many factors that can't be replicated.

Jon makes it seem like what he does, look effortless. His movement and stage antics work for his personality and when other people try and copy him, it just seems awkward. Jon also has distinguished good looks and even if someone has the chops, they have to have the look as well or it just won't work either. Finally, the delivery has to be there.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 08-22-2015 at 02:59 PM..