View Single Post

Old 08-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, if they were playing locally, I'd go in a second but as far as a Jovi replacement, it's just not there.

Musically, they are brilliant and the lead singer has a great voice but that's where it ends. He sounds nothing like Jon nor does he deliver a song like Jon. I think he would be great in a My Chemical Romance cover band instead.

Trying to be the perfect Jon is like trying to be the perfect Elvis. The worst thing about being a Jovi fan is, you'll never find that perfect cover band. There are too many factors that can't be replicated.

Jon makes it seem like what he does, look effortless. His movement and stage antics work for his personality and when other people try and copy him, it just seems awkward. Jon also has distinguished good looks and even if someone has the chops, they have to have the look as well or it just won't work either. Finally, the delivery has to be there.
I don't think he's trying to imitate Jon though,thats what makes it better for me. Ive seen a couple of tribute acts in the UK who try too hard to be like JBJ,one even kept apologising for trying the American accent,and the guitarist wearing a stupid wig to try and look like RS. I prefer to hear someones own take on the songs rather than just plain copy everything.
87 Donington
88 Birminham Nec x 3
89 MK Bowl
89 Birmingham Nec x 3
93 Birmingham Nec x 2
93 MK Bowl
95 Sheffield Don Valley
96 Manchester Maine Rd.
2000 Stoke Brittania
2001 MK Bowl
2006 Manchester/MK Bowl x 2
2008 Manchester/Twickenham x 2