View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Did you ever wonder why....

Bon Jovi doesn't have a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

It's because they're bought, not bestowed.

Sometime in the 90's, three friends and I got the idea that it would be a great idea to get Bon Jovi a Star on the Walk of Fame. One of these friends had an "in" with Jon's mom and she shared the idea with her and she gave us the go-ahead to look into it. I'm a little fuzzy on the details because it was 20 or more years ago, but we had to have a biography, a certain number of signatures, and a fee.

The biography was easy. I wrote it and it was pretty damn good. Mrs. B. gave it her seal of approval.

The signatures would have been easy too.

But when Jon found out about the idea of fans raising money for the Star, he nixed the idea. I think the fee was $6,000 at the time. It's considerably more now.

I think if you look back in the history of Backstage newsletters there's even a reference to our plan, but nothing ever came of it.

So... if Bon Jovi ever gets a Star it will be because the record company bought it as a publicity stunt. They'll smile and act all humble and talk about what an honor it is, but it will just be a stunt, nothing more.

I have a friend now (not a Bon Jovi fan) who is really into the Hollywood Scene and she's always telling me about how so-and-so got a Star on the Walk of Fame and I keep telling her that it's NOT an honor at all. When I found out that they were for sale, it kind of killed some of the "magic" for me.

I wonder if Jon will ever give in and get one. Maybe for the bands' 50th anniversary?

Knowing that the Stars are for sale, do you want to see Bon Jovi on the Walk of Fame or not?