View Single Post

Old 08-13-2016, 05:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbou View Post
Might be a long shot, but as Jon is known for reusing words and phrases throughout a writing cycle, I think there is a possibility that Who Would You Die For is a new song. Which is because of the THINFS line "the wolf is at the door", comparable to "the big bad wolf is knocking at your door" in WWYDF imo. I would also say that the general vibe of the song doesn't really fit to other recent BJ records (but that is just a feeling of mine).
Why he would write a song with a chorus he definitely is not able to perform live? I don't know, but maybe this is one of the reasons it ultimately landed on BB.
True enough but a lot of the album cuts just don't get played now. I'm With You's chorus melody had to change because he couldn't hit that high note (I'm assuming) for the live version. Amen's long AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN sounded auto tune to hell and he struggled pulling it off live like he did on the album.