View Single Post

Old 08-28-2016, 05:41 AM
Jovi Freak

Default Earliest hints at yet to come styles?

This is not about songs sharing melodic ideas or similiar harmonies, so no "Dry County borrowed a couple of licks from Blaze Of Glory" or "I'd Die For You's keyboard intro sound like Runaway".

I was listening to the Boston, MA 1994 show, as it contains the old version of Something For The Pain, and it ocured to me: The Answer is played at that show, too, and it flows seamlessly with the other These Days tunes played. So I'd argue that this was actually a first glimpse of that - in 1991 - yet to come sound of the band.

Who Says obviously led to Lost Highway, but I don't really feel it sounds all THAT much like that album - the regular version at least.

And Livin' In Sin somewhat hints at the more moody stuff on KTF, like I Believe. I guess it's down to it being a JBJ tune, and KTF being filled with lots of JBJ songs.

Just Older, Say It Isn't So and Neurotica IMO were the precursors to the pop-rock style of the HAND era, especially in terms of guitar sound (certainly more so than Bounce was).

I hope I made it somewhat clear what I even mean by the topic - so, yeah, let's hear your take

Last edited by Alphavictim; 08-28-2016 at 05:53 AM..