View Single Post

Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
This sums it up for me perfectly... 'Deflated' is a great way to describe it too .

Back then, all you could do is compare it to the past but now we could look back on it and compare it to today so yes, opinions have shifted... The same with the tour... I do think "Save The World" is a hidden gem once you get past the opening line (never went to college, don't have a degree). The songs for me takes off with, "it comes down to this"

It's still not my go to album of choice by any stretch but for me, it's a time piece in my life... It was Bon Jovi's reentry into America, they became legendary, return to stadiums, and it was also a change for me personally. First career job, which came with new friends, etc... 16 years ago feels like yesterday... And to think that the time between These Days and Crush felt like forever... Scary!!!!
Extremely scary how quickly the years have flown.

I agree the running order isn't great on Crush. I still think some of the production isn't amazing either.

Just Older is a great song. Still sounding fresh. It's got energy which I think is lacking on recent albums.