View Single Post

Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Lost Highway is the only album written in the last 15 years that I even am remotely interested in. I don't understand the comments on lack of inspiration or being uninspired or anything like that. I really think Jon genuinely loves this album. It's why every setlist every night gets at least 3 or 4 songs from that album, still.

And to be honest, I see Richie all through the album.

I see songs about pain, realness, suffering and longing. I also see songs about joy and happiness. There's emotion leaked through it, whether you like the style of music or not.

Now we get the biggest load of bullshit where Jon keeps singing about the economy. What a load of shit. Thanks, Jon.
Livin' On A Prayer was about the economy

Lost Highway's still one of the poorest albums for me, even though Make A Memory and Whole Lot Of Leaving and even Lost Highway itself are good songs - but I just never listen to it other than the odd play of those tracks (mainly Memory as it was my wedding song.)

That and having Whole Lot Of Leaving and We Got It Going On forced down my throat at every show despite the fact Leaving killed the atmosphere - it's one of the very few Jovi albums I'm negative about. On the odd occasion I stick it on I'll probably enjoy it like I do every single Bon Jovi album in their own way, but I'd never think....oooo I really want to listen to Lost Highway today.

Last edited by crashed; 09-27-2016 at 06:38 PM..