View Single Post

Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
MAYBE these arguments would make sense if he didn't release Aftermath, which prior had him say the exact same things he's saying here, but the end result was a record just as commercially-oriented as Bon Jovi (a tad heavier, but still), with zero epic solos he was known for in the 90s, no 'flowing jamming' and other things.

The saddest part is that he must really believe what he's saying.
I don't understand it either. He acts as IF he rocks out on stage, but he actually doesn't. Even his 'home videos' seem staged. Sometimes it works but there is still a lack of soul in his performances. The thing that made it special is gone. It is alright but just above average even when he is on top of his game.

It is clear now that it is not about the lack of freedom in BJ but rather how to use it to be oneself and at piece with the situation. He doesn't seem centered at all even if he keeps on singing about it.

I don't mind it too much since it is just normal to be of contradictory sometimes but as long as he isn't honest with himself I don't see the music improving.