View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Sex Sells was also going to be the title of the band's album before it was One Wild Night, then Crush. Also those IML lyrics that were changed, I missed that, were those originally the original lyrics?

There's a lot of good hard facts in Seb's post but it's far too reliant on hearsay. I assume the bit about I'll be there for you is about Joel Ellis? (http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/0810bon.shtml) He never came through with a sample or proof. Could it be true? Yah, but it's not enough to include it in this debate. AALY, I go back and forth on. The chorus chord progression is so much like Never Say Goodbye and the whole thing is so similar to Thank you for Loving me. But the fact that it was rarely done live, even when it was the single, makes you think there's probably some truth in it.

When did Jon and Richie say they didn't write any ballads for Bounce in the pre-production stage? It was such a ballad-heavy album, I don't know if I buy that.
No, I made the IML lyrics up to show my interpretation as to what happened. But I do think the Frankie part is an important piece to the song. That's where the chorus pops. I have a feeling the song would have been a lot more girlie if Jon didn't make those changes.

I thought SS was supposed to be solo. It doesn't matter. It's irrelevant to the rest of my reply. I still think there is a credibility issue here.