View Single Post

Old 05-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Yes, even now with how much of his voice has gone downhill his range is still superior to Jon's, and I think it always was. Richie always sang backing a third above Jon for a reason, which gave the band that signature sound vocally that the fans love. There's a few songs (namely on These Days) where the arrangement was made that Jon sang higher than Richie but mostly it's been the other way around throughout the bands career. Richie's lower range sucks btw, but technically can still hit the same lower notes Jon can....
Thanks, that's interesting. Proves to me that having better technique or the better voice does not matter, I think Jon is comfortably better (taking both in their prime) and I am a big fan of Richie's Stranger voice. Jon for me was one of the best rock voices, despite not being outright better than many singers. He had a package and I just don't see Richie being able to drive the Bon Jovi songs the way Jon does.

Sort of like Richie on guitar, he was never the best technically or in terms of composition or his chops. He had a package though.

Sad to see how both have dropped off in recent years in all aspects, it's really soured my feelings about the band.