View Single Post

Old 10-15-2014, 04:12 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Back in 2009, Jon was being interviewed on BBC Radio 2 (whilst promoting The Circle) and the subject came up about why certain songs don't get played very often (if ever) and he flat out said it was simply because he can't hit the high notes anymore. And he laughed it off as he was saying it. I remember it because I couldn't believe how blatant he was. I'm all for honesty don't get me wrong, but as a fan, it's not good enough.

He seems to be addressing the (lack of) high notes, by what about the over-all shape of his voice in general? If I was the lead singer of a band like Bon Jovi, or Aerosmith, or Journey or whoever, and my vocals were that shot, I'd be quite concerned.
Well who says he's not? He's not giving interviews flat out saying "Yeah my voice is gone" but I'm sure he's realized the state of his voice by now hence the constant setlist.