View Single Post

Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Jovi Freak

Comparing those two albums is like night and day to me though. I love me some Metallica, don't get me wrong, but not too big on that album and their earlier thrashier stuff. So don't really see the point of that review - I could have understood if they wanted to compare and contrast 'Appetite For Destruction' with NJ for example.

Bon Jovi are about the catchy pop melodies merged with the rock music, the fist pumping anthems, radio friendly feel good music etc. ''Justice for all..'' is a mile away from this.

Funnily enough, the Metallica I like best is the black album, Load and Reload stuff - basically when many of their hardcore fans accused them of ''selling out'' and going the rock route, straying towards 'Bon Jovi' territory dare I say. They even shared the same producer in Bob Rock (the 3 Metallica albums I just mentioned/Keep the faith).

I'm not ashamed to say I love a good catchy melody, and that's why with the exception of 'One' of Justice, I'd take the more mainstream stuff like Fuel, Unforgiven, Enter Sandman or anything Bon Jovi anyday of the week.

Andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine

Last edited by Living_on_my_Hair; 05-06-2013 at 05:30 PM..