View Single Post

Old 09-06-2014, 03:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Well, who gives a damn if they diss Bon Jovi or not...
It's part of their show. During The More Things Change Jon did the same with Madonna and Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. And if I'd take some time and think about it I'd probably get some more examples in mind where Jon said something about other stars just to get some easy laughs. That's showbusiness.
I don't think it's about people giving a damn. It's more about the joke becoming old already. A hair band from the 80's with a pretty boy lead singer dissing another hair band from the 80's with a pretty boy lead singer. Really?

It comes down to Nikki thinking that Motley is a harder band because they O.D.ed on drugs / heroin and got into fights, etc..where Jon had more of that squeaky clean image. I guess Richie's problems don't count.... In 1989 that was considered cool but now it's just stupid and time to move on.

Image wise, Motley does have somewhat of a biker type of following where Bon Jovi has the JBJ Fanclub group... But music wise, it's the same thing however, Bon Jovi music is better. Besides "I'll Be There For You" being better what is the difference between that and "Without You"? Same shit!

I think it makes Nikki feel good when they boo Bon Jovi. It make him feel that they are in a different category... Not realizing that 90% of the people there would attend a Bon Jovi show.

Nikki has always been in competition with Bon Jovi about being the better 80's band. He has deep scars but he lost and it's time to move on.