View Single Post

Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Cliff notes.

-The Heroin Diaries takes place in the 80s, so I doubt it covers stuff happening after Dr Feelgood. Never read it myself, though. I only read The Dirt, and that's full of bullshit. (Flying knives, yeah, right)

-Nikki hasn't written a song on his own in decades. Life Is Beautiful had two co-writers, one of them a professional songwriter. Also, Mötley's lyrics for the past 25 years have been garbage. And none of this makes him a good bass player.

-You're out of your mind if you think Def Leppard had "limited success". Hysteria is one of the most popular rock records EVER. Also, it took Nikki a VH1 show to rekindle the interest in his band. And Live Nation.

-And it's nice that you read a book for a change. It's just that I've heard a ton of stories from people that were around the scene back then, and who have no reason to bullshit (unlike Nikki, who is constantly promoting himself), and they called bullshit on a ton of the stories. But hey, who would NOT keep a diary when all they had on their mind was heroin? Who would NOT rush to the answering machine to leave a cool message like "I'm not here because I'm dead" after they OD'ed?
The irony of someone from not the USA who wasn't even born when Nikki Sixx od'd calling bullshit on it cos his mates told him it was. And as for songwriting,has JBJ really written everything on his own? He's got sole credits for Dry County but do we really believe he came up with the solo part to that?
87 Donington
88 Birminham Nec x 3
89 MK Bowl
89 Birmingham Nec x 3
93 Birmingham Nec x 2
93 MK Bowl
95 Sheffield Don Valley
96 Manchester Maine Rd.
2000 Stoke Brittania
2001 MK Bowl
2006 Manchester/MK Bowl x 2
2008 Manchester/Twickenham x 2