Thread: Richie Sambora
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
There's a quote from JBJ in "People" where he's says they can be like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jon added that the “door is always open” for Sambora’s return.

“Phil X has done an incredible job. John Shanks, my co-producer and buddy, he’s done nine of my albums,” he said. “We’d look like Lynyrd Skynyrd, but f*ck yeah, come on up. There’s always another guitar to plug in.”

Suggests to me if Richie Sambora ever came back it would be a guest ( a few shows/Final show) or having to accept John Shanks if JBJ could ever tour again.

I think the former is more likely....

https://deadline.com/2024/04/bon-jov...ew-1235893947/

Some online fan reaction, wouldn't accept Richie up-there with John Shanks, BUT if it happens at least HE'S THERE. I'll accept that, even if I don't like the idea of John Shanks being there IF ( A BIG IF) Richie Sambora ever returned......
Honestly, I don't like the idea of John Shanks being around Bon Jovi at all, with or without Richie. The guy is a Yoko Ono of Bon Jovi. I've spoken with him briefly back in 2019 in Warsaw, Poland and he's just one of the most antipathetic people I ever encountered. He's not even a good musician nor producer, but just a human louse that attached itself to Jon and destroyed the band. And I always wonder what the few albums would sound like without his input - with Richie and a good producer (Erik Martensson, Danny Rexon, Hannes Braun, Jona Tee... I can go on with another 100 names of people who know what a good rock record should sound like) on board...