Thread: Richie Sambora
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 12:41 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi is an animal View Post
But jon thinks Legendary is a hit so why would he change anything.
The hard truth is (it hurts to write this down) that Jon Bon Jovi as a songwriter has said everything he had to imo. Years ago. New Jersey to These Days is where he peaked as a rock singer, Blaze Of Glory and Destination Anywhere where he peaked as a songwriter. When The Fighter came out I thought he was going for a solo venture in his later years, maybe inspired by Cash. Unfortunately, Jon seems to be more inclined to trying hard and imitate Springsteen - which he ain't. He's a similar yet very different type of musician. Now his voice is gone, if it comes back after the surgery, good. If it doesn't, he'll keep putting out shitty "Bon Jovi" albums or singles until he can't do it anymore. Or until his wife puts a stop to it Or until he changes his mind about the music he's making nowadays.
Sambora is very much past his prime as well (especially guitar-wise, and it really hurts) but he's still got the spark and something to say imo. His releases are illogically misplaced and far apart from each other for a guy that left BJ a decade ago and the alcohol abuse surely left a mark and it shows but every time he puts a song out he wins me back.

Jon's lost this ability, at least to my taste.