View Single Post

Old 08-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Posting Always

Bill Murray’s ‘Rock the Kasbah’ Party Is the Stuff of Rock ‘n’ Roll Legends

[...]

At one point in the movie, which Open Road plans to release on Oct. 23, Mr. Lanz tries to settle a character’s performance anxiety by telling her that Jon Bon Jovi throws up every time before he goes on stage.

Over at the Blue Parrot, Mr. Glazer, the shaggy-haired screenwriter, said he could have chosen any rock idol for Mr. Murray’s character to invoke, but he chose Mr. Bon Jovi.

“It was just instinct,” said Mr. Glazer. “I don’t know whether it’s true or not, but I always thought he’s probably the only person who does not throw up before a show.”

[...]

Since Mr. Bon Jovi was hanging around, it seemed like as good a time as any to fact check with him, too. Did he throw up before every one of his concerts?

“They said that?” Mr. Bon Jovi asked, laughing. “Is that what happened? I missed the movie because I have house guests in from Germany.”

Mr. Bon Jovi insisted there was no way this kernel of trivia was true.

“But I love being talked about in pop culture,” he said.

“That doesn’t surprise me one bit,” responded Mr. Murray, when he got wind of Mr. Bon Jovi’s response. “He’s someone who would never admit any weakness. He can never give up that power of stage presence.”

“I respect Jon for what he demands of himself professionally,” Mr. Murray went on. “Whether his breath is fresh is another story entirely.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/bill-mur...nds-1440972814