View Single Post

Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Posting everyday

Default Slippery On The Road - Live 30th anniversairy edition

I didn't want to derail rokuli's thread from his original purpose which is to post some of those great old scans (especially since he intends to post more at the end of the month). And this album deserves two threads anyway.

This is a project that I had already started years ago, but never got around to finish it. A few weeks ago Damned TV asked about what we could do to honour the anniversary of this album and we resurrected this project. Not only did we finish it, but we got fueled by each other's ideas and in the end remastered all the footage and it ended up better and bigger than I would've expected. Special thanks also go to DonWaldone for editing the epic live montage for Social Disease:

On this very day 30 years ago a band from New Jersey released their third album: Slippery When Wet!
Not only did it become one of the best selling hard rock albums of all time, it also launched the band into superstardom and brought rock music back into mainstream radio.

Setlist:
01. Pink Flamingos [0:00]
02. Let It Rock [1:55]
03. You Give Love a Bad Name [10:10]
04. Raise Your Hands [14:00]
05. Wild in the Streets [18:35]
06. Never Say Goodbye [23:39]
07. I'd Die for You [29:10]
08. Social Disease [33:51]
09. Wanted Dead or Alive [37:45]
10. Livin' on a Prayer [43:20]

Acoustic Encore:
11. Livin' on a Prayer (acoustic) [48:21]
12. Wanted Dead or Alive (acoustic) [51:33]
13. I'd Die for You (acoustic) [56:07]
14. Never Say Goodbye (acoustic) [1:01:35]

Enjoy!!!

I think we could use this thread to think back when SWW hit our lives and what impact it did have. I'm gonna start: Back when I was around 10/11 I loved this movie called "Spaceballs" and there's this scene where Barf eats in the spaceship and dances to a song in the beginning. My dad always liked the song and assumed it could be one from Bon Jovi. When we went to the concert in Munich 2003 they did this one near the end of the main set and a fan standing nearby told us the song title. Due to that my dad bought the album SWW shortly afterwards and it actually is the album that turned me into a fan. Especially the second half of the record had caught my attention and that's probably why songs like I'd Die For You and Never Say Goodbye still rank so high among my favourites. I was 14 at that time and yeah, the whole fandom started with that album for me.
What are your memories?

Last edited by bonjovi90; 08-18-2016 at 10:49 PM..