View Single Post

Old 04-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Something for the Posts

Song for song, I have to give Appetite the edge. But if Slippery hadn't done what it did, GNR's record label never would have pushed it. Posion's album wouldn't have gotten pushed, either. Nor Whitesnake's. Nor White Lion's. And especially not Slaughter's.

Vinnie Vincent said in an interview that he left his own band because of Slippery's success. He was finishing his second Vinnie Vincent Invasion album when Slippery took off and Look What The Cat Dragged In started to: His record label suddenly began complaining that his singer was no good -- a VERY odd conclusion to come to AFTER investing all that studio time! Their ulterior motive? Turn VVI into a "teenager band" with a cute young singer, and "cash in" the way BJ's label was. But I digress.

I think Slippery is one of the two MOST IMPORTANT rock albums of the 80's because it opened the door for all the other non-commercial hard/heavy rock bands. I think the other album is Master Of Puppets, because it blew that door off its hinges!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-03-2022 at 07:08 PM..