View Single Post

Old 05-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think y'all are missing a few soundboard shows from Jon's Destination Anywhere shows--New Orleans, Houston, Dallas (I THINK he did both Houston and Dallas), Atlanta (I remember calling that radio station and begging for tickets and trying to explain I was willing to drive in from MS). I know I have a TON of shows from that time frame. I'll have to get into my collection and see what I find.

If you start getting into interviews that were on the radio, there are hundreds of them to be had. I personally have about 475-500 cassette tapes and I was always more interested in collecting interviews and good quality shows. Too bad I can't convert them.
Thanks for your info. As far as I know, audio tapes may lose sound quality over the years. It would be great if you had them digitalized. I think there are many people here, who could gladly help you with transferring this, and to catalog it, and finally share this with all of us. For example, I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
If the soundboard radio program wasn't recorded by anyone, it doesn't count... just like all the other thousands of shows played...
There's a huge possibility, that radio stations still got their old broadcasts in their archives. It could be leaked or rebroadcasted one day, even on someone's request

PS. I just added some dates to the list on page 1:

1990.06.06 - International Rock Awards (RS)
1995.09.09 - Miami
2006.11.14 - UK Hall of Fame
2011.07.20 - Athens
2013.03.14 - American Idol