View Single Post

Old 12-12-2014, 10:54 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Hard to understand the "right wing" category since Jon is very left wing. He is pretty up front about it too.

But then these averages are just that - averages. The only thing in that description that fits me is that I like cats.
I am no expert on politics (especially in UK) nor do I have desire to turn this into a debate, but the "left vs. right" thing is different in every country. The ideology is one thing; how parties represent that ideology is another. For example, I am a big Obama supporter, who's obviously left; yet in Lithuania my views (or 90% of people living in big cities) are completely right due to lefties for the most part being irrational, populist and harmful to our economy; even if I would like to think of myself as a liberal person.

Moreover, Jon really doesn't push his views on fans during Bon Jovi shows, apart from that bit when Obama was shown for a second on the big screen during Born To Follow. Their fanbase in US would be much smaller if he did.

Speaking of these results, I don't think anyone is surprised by this. That's the typical "casual fan" we like to make fun of here.

Last edited by Walleris; 12-12-2014 at 10:57 AM..