View Single Post

Old 10-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
From my point of view I've just never really enjoyed Richie's solo work - there have been a few outstanding songs (Father Time, The Answer, Seven Years Gone) but nothing that reaches me like the work with Bon Jovi did.

Richie along with Jon will always be one of my heroes - and whilst he was a member of the band I had interest in those solo projects - and even still have a vague interest as I did buy Aftermath and even downloaded Orianthi's album to see what she was about.

But nothing he does solo I think will ever reach the same level as Bon Jovi - I think without the band Richie is directionless and clearly lost. At the same time as much as I'm enjoying Bon Jovi's new direction - it will always be missing some magic without Richie there, and that I blame on Richie for leaving, whatever his reasons were.

It does get a bit silly though - I had a Richie fan defriend me because they didn't agree with my point of view (and that's someone I've been friends for 13 years!)
Agree with you on every point. Thing is, Bon Jovi was a band thing, which combined the chemistry of the duo to bring out anthemic songs and pure rock sound and music. Solo projects would be differently for both artists as they followed a different route.