Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The whole Bon Jovi vs Richie issue (fans' opinions)

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
may be my words came out a little strong, but in the first video he sounded a bit off when he had to answer about bj imo, and I ve seen many videos of him and the second video you posted is one of the very few he says sth nice about bj. most of the times his answers are completely neutral, like a job that's paying well but doesn't want o be too much associated with, anyhow I may be wrong and misjudged him
Ignorance is bliss.

"I ve seen many videos of him": could you please post them (or links)?

Quote:
bob should be brave and honest enough to accept to himself first that the worst bj song is 4 times better than any bobs song that is released.
Do you mean you own his 3 CDs and also know the songs he wrote for others?

You gotta understand that Bobby and Jon are close friends, I mean real friends, not just acquaintances or an employer and his employee (they started hanging out together in 1991) + Bobby's a very secret and discreet man who never speaks evil of people or gossips (at least not in public). Respect and discretion is what you call "neutral".

Old 10-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Posters like you are the reason why I stay out of illogical discussions... There are factual ways of measuring the successes of songs so when you say that X song is better than Y song, it could very well be a fact and/or an opinion... You basically stated that Aftermath has the best 3 post 2000 songs in all of Bon Jovi land (including DA) which imo, is complete Bull-Shit...

And Yes, we've heard a live bootleg of THINFS but the main complaints about WAN is the Production, in addition to the way Jon sounds... People praise the live versions of Water and I'm With You but hate the Album versions... Again, you're saying that THINFS is WAN Pt2 without even hearing the final songs... Based on the 4 songs that are out plus the live bootlegs, I don't think people are being lead in that direction... As far as the writing goes, THINFS is much deeper so if your crystal ball is driving you in that direction, you might want to get a new one...

And now you're last 2 statements are contradicting your OP... Now you say Jon does have "Honest Music" and BB has some of the best guitar work since TDs... You're all over the place...

Thanks for rehashing another Richie thread...
The only person being illogical here is you and it seems you thrive on writing loads of words but saying nothing.

I have asked you a few questions, not to annoy you but to get your opinion, and you just go off on one.

I repeat: what in your opinion is a better song sequence than the three Richie songs I stated?

Of course we all have our own taste, but objectively I have also described why I like these songs: good lyrics, great musicianship, feeling, guitar-work (not necessarily over the top solos). Just like some of the tracks on BB and Stand up guy soundtrack.

I am not biased towards Richie, just looking to see other people's opinions 🙂
Old 10-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Sorry, but I see this album as the best since These Days. That's nonsense, Crush, Have A Nice Day and The Circle were better as a whole. And much more memorable songs stood out in them. I'm even willing to say that Burning Bridges was more interesting than THINFS.
The comments were exactly the same when WAN came out. And I'd like to know why people keep saying this. TD had original songs, excellent songwriting, amazing musicianship, guitarwork. WAN and THINFS are full of Bon Jovi clichés and nothing new (except for Jon's acoustic stuff, still don't understand why people don't like it). Every album befor WAN was a 'fight' a 'change' comparing to the previous one. BB has some excellent songs...

🙂
Old 10-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Ignorance is bliss.

"I ve seen many videos of him": could you please post them (or links)?

Do you mean you own his 3 CDs and also know the songs he wrote for others?

You gotta understand that Bobby and Jon are close friends, I mean real friends, not just acquaintances or an employer and his employee (they started hanging out together in 1991) + Bobby's a very secret and discreet man who never speaks evil of people or gossips (at least not in public). Respect and discretion is what you call "neutral".
WHAT?i insulted your bobby? why all this insulting tone? I expressed my opinion that bandiera rarely if ever praised bj..why do you have to come with an insult? try to be more calm and respectful
I ve seen many shows of bobby from youtube and I ve seen almost every interview available when he refered the band so don't call me ignorant u shit ok?
if you think boby is the best thing that could happen to bj and that he appreciated fine, your problem...what makes me more mad is that my second post I explained I may be wrong and I judge by what I ve seen through the years yet you choose to pick a fight and insult me...
if u want to keep it up post a bandiera song that is really good

since you follow hs discography so close
Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Livin' on a Post

RANT ALERT:

My ears hurt. Is this Shanks on the right? His playing is killing me. And not in a good way. Just listen to the "solo"...ahem, is Bobby shelved now? This is the touring band? oh well. This ship is going down.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:38 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

I see we've added Bobby's absence as something to squabble over.

I love this board.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:24 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I see we've added Bobby's absence as something to squabble over.

I love this board.

Well it hasn't been Bon Jovi since Alec left anyway.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post

Well it hasn't been Bon Jovi since Alec left anyway.
this .
Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
this .
Old 10-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Livin' on a Post

Oh man I love Alec. He's everything Jon wasnt/isnt and kept the danger right in there.

You can argue about his sloppiness, that's one thing but come on! Only real rockstar in the band. Ever.