Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The whole Bon Jovi vs Richie issue (fans' opinions)

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-12-2016, 06:03 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
That's fine, just a shame you go off on one without wanting to discuss things. I find discussing and debating great

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I think I proved all my points just fine...You keep harping on these three songs and that's where I'm losing my interest... This small part of the discussion is where I'm done...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Old 10-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Posting everyday

In terms of song sequence you had actually missed his point and he had just clarified it.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:11 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
In terms of song sequence you had actually missed his point and he had just clarified it.
And I really don't care about it because like I said prior, Aftermath is really a bunch of crap with the exception of 7 years...

Old 10-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Ride Cowboy Ride
Stick To Your Guns
I'll Be There For You

that's my favourite song sequence in any album.

And even if you discount Ride Cowboy Ride as just an intro to Stick To Your Guns, you have Wild Is The Wind before it.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:41 PM
The Distance

He said post these days but I'll go with Burning Bridges... We Don't Run, Teardrop, & SNGMSM

Old 10-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
He said post these days but I'll go with Burning Bridges... We Don't Run, Teardrop, & SNGMSM

Oh...in which case Knockout, Labor Of Love and Born Again Tomorrow.

Sorry, Aftermath just sounded like a mess from start to finish with one brilliant song and one okay song in the middle of it.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Oh...in which case Knockout, Labor Of Love and Born Again Tomorrow.

Sorry, Aftermath just sounded like a mess from start to finish with one brilliant song and one okay song in the middle of it.

The great thing about having different opinions and debating . You're definitely digging the new album... Labor of love is growing on me, Born again tomorrow has a great original solo but I still can't stand Knockout.

Been listening to Lost Highway this afternoon and I think that the new stuff is really lacking structure: same old chord progression, same old lyrics (barring exceptions)...

I think a lot of Aftermath sounding like 'a mess' is the production. There's some great riffs, good structures and lyrics and some acceptable solos (poor in comparison to 80s and 90s Richie, but we all know that)

Old 10-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
The great thing about having different opinions and debating . You're definitely digging the new album... Labor of love is growing on me, Born again tomorrow has a great original solo but I still can't stand Knockout.

Been listening to Lost Highway this afternoon and I think that the new stuff is really lacking structure: same old chord progression, same old lyrics (barring exceptions)...

I think a lot of Aftermath sounding like 'a mess' is the production. There's some great riffs, good structures and lyrics and some acceptable solos (poor in comparison to 80s and 90s Richie, but we all know that)

But then it also had Sugar Daddy which is, sort of, unforgivable. It's like Richie's R2D2 I Wish You A Merry Christmas.

Yeah I really like the new album - though I guess I might well be one of those, if not THE, annoying fan Rdkopper mentioned who likes almost everything shiny and new.

But hey, I like Bon Jovi music, always have and always will, so don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:32 PM
The Distance

There is nothing wrong with digging new material... I still don't think WAN is as bad as everyone makes it out to be... I was just saying that that there is always that one annoying fan who thinks the new material is the best since These Days...

Old 10-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Destination any Forum

I suppose to them it might be though...the reason Bon Jovi appeals to so many of us is they have these songs that inexplicably strike a chord. No ones ever going to rate the Young Guns album as the best album ever yet a song like Never Say Die and Blaze spoke volumes to me as a kid.

I have a really deep bond with Blaze, KTF and These Days because they were my growing up albums, more so than Slippery and New Jersey. There's fans who have Crush as their life inspiration, and some maybe Lost Highway.

I can't stand She's A Mystery but have seen people rate it as one of their favourites.

You just never know what songs are going to tick someone's boxes and sometimes it doesn't matter if the vocals are shit, the wall of sound is atrocious and there's no guitar solo...there's just something in that song that says "yeah, that's mine" and you can't argue with that, because it reaches some basic instinct beyond any sense.

Which sums up Bon Jovi for me. There are better songwriters, these days better singers, but that just doesn't matter. Jovi are one of the few bands that I can relate to in that way.