View Single Post

Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milotic View Post
Hi, thanks for filling this in, I wasn't expecting any answers anymore. Anyways, I like reading the explanations. Anyways, because you mention mostly listening to live versions: do you also like switching between different live versions? For example, when it comes to "It's My Life", I switch between the studio version, an acoustic live version, a live version with Bruce Springsteen and some regular live versions.

I see that we disagree on the songs in our top 10, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. What do you think of my top 10, and my explanations?
Hi! Yes,I switch live versions and sometimes listen to studio version.For example I listen to Bad Medicine from 92 An evening with BJ,Wembley 1995,Bremen 1995;

IBTFY-live from Milton Keynes 93,live from 89 Lakeland,the one from Tokyo 90-91(this has the best guitar solo IMO),

Bed of Roses - Acoustic versions,studio version,94 from Japan,Stockholm 93
Hehe,yesterday when I was waiting at the hospital for a consultation Bed of Roses came on the radio,I was so happy that I wanted to start singing and ask people if they know the song and sing along with me.

This Ain't a Love song- Bremen 1995,Wembley 95,studio version and there is a acoustic version on youtube.
Wanted Dead or Alive - 89 Moscow,93 Stockholm,87 Cincinati,studio version and alot of different acoustic versions

KTF- Stockholm 93,studio version,2001 Giants,93 Milton Keynes,Wembley 95,and London 97 from London.

I'd Die for You - I listen to alot of different versions from 89-95.I love it when he screams at the end.

Runaway - I enjoy listening to the ones from 84-87 when he hits those high notes at the end.

Silent Night - I just love the version from Cincinaty 1987,actually I rarely
listen to the studio version.I love the extra lyrics at the end and the way Richie sings ''Silent Night'' while Jon is singing those extra lyrics.

If I Was Your Mother - I listen to the album version and sometimes go to that Quebec performance from 93 where he screams like a mother****er at the end!

Prayer - Studio version and alot of acoustic versions from the 80s and 90s.I love the acoustic performances where he sings ''Gina works all day,working for her man she brings home her pay for loooove,for his love'',what I mean is when he holds that ''love'' note for longer(checkout Stockholm 1992 acoustic,1992 Spain acoustic,89 Australia)

Wild in The Streets - I listen to 1993 Tampa,95 Wembley,93 Milton Keynes and sometimes I watch the ones from the NJ,KTF,TD tour which have bad quality just to see how much fun they had performing it.Jon always used to run around the stage during this song...

Love for Sale - This is one I really enjoy live.I always sing along and my favorite performances is the one from 92 An Evening with BJ and alot of different version from 1989-2010.Sometimes I listen to the demo version where Jon and Richie talk random stuff for like 2 minutes or so ).I bet they were drunk or high.

Blood on Blood - I haven't listened to the studio version of this song for around 6 months I think.I always pick various different live performances and I love especially those in which Richie takes the lead vocals for a minute.

I like your top 10.We don't disagree,I like all of the songs from your top it's just that as I said before,my top changes every 2 weeks or so.For example today I listend to songs from The Power Station Years and I listened to It's Hard Letting You Go around 7 times ).
I see where you're coming from with Bounce and It's My Life.I listened to those songs alot, along with HAND and Saturday Night when i was having a hard time with family,relationships,friends and just everyday life problems.I also kinda understand what you feel when listening to BOR,I also listen to BOR and Always and sometimes still remember the first girl i fell in love with. I rarely see her,but when I do I feel kind of sad and always start thinking about ''what if...'' posibilities. But my favorite lyric is from Bitter Wine ''Love left me stranded at the station and the last trains gone by'' cause the closest I got with this girl ,was a one night stand and it didn't work out after that...This happened 2 years ago when I was 16 and I still think about it. I find it kinda funny how I act like nothing really happened but deep inside it still feels really bad.
I'm really glad that you have a good girlfriend and got over bullying. Hope you'll get along someday with your dad,maybe on a saturday night . And remember,never give up you're an army of one!