View Single Post

Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Keep the Faith

Where to start with this one. Let's see, I discovered Bon Jovi in 2001, though not solely a result of Crush. I did however love Crush, and still do. Bounce was the first studio album the band released during my period of being a fan. As such, i was looking for it quite a bit. I definitely liked the album upon it's release. I also saw Bon Jovi live twice on the Bounce Tour. Not only were they my first Bon Jovi concerts, but my first BIG concerts. I saw them once in my hometown, Buffalo, and then I made a trek down with my mother to see them in Pittsburgh over the summer. I loved both shows immensely. I still don't think they've topped the stage production of the Bounce tour, i.e. those 3 satellite screens.

Anyways, as for the album itself, while i listened to it on repeat upon it's release, it has not aged well for me. As is, it's my least favorite album of the past decade, and my 2nd least favorite album of the bands entirely catalogue, finishing ahead of only 7800* Fahrenheit. This feels to be the most disjointed of all Bon Jovi albums. Half of it is a hard rocking response to 9/11, and the other half is Crush PT2, albeit not as good. The ballads, while i don't dislike them as some do, don't meet up their previous output and felt much less organic than BOR, IBTFY, or even TYFLM. The album also features two of my least favorite Jovi tracks in Hook Me Up and Love Me Back to Life. I know Hook Me Up tends to be a favorite around here, but i've just never gravitated towards it. On the flip side, i've always enjoyed Open All Night. It's not one of my favorites, but definitely a guilty pleasure. Also, the video for Misunderstood is my favorite video from the band from the past 10 years. Plus the song itself is great, or so says I anyways.

14 Undivided
13 Misunderstood
12 The Distance
11 Everyday
10 Bounce
09 You Had Me From Hello
08 The Right Side Of Wrong
07 Open All Night
06 All About Loving You
05 Joey
04 No Regrets
03 Postcards