Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Track Rankings 2012 - Keep the Faith

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Breakout

I see Save a Prayer as part of the album, not a bonus track - it's that darn good! There's just something special about it that I wish BJ could have continued in their music - but alas, they didn't, and now those days of KTF and DC are gone forever.

My piano covers:
Blood Money
Every Road Leads Home to You
My electronica covers:
Have a Nice Day
Bounce
You Give Love a Bad Name
My rock covers:
Undivided (Re-recorded)
Livin' on a Prayer

Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Jovi Freak

Argh, my computer that has the spreadsheet with the results on it has decided to die on me. So until I get it fixed I wont be able to put up the results.

If I cant get access to it in the next few days I'll recalculate the results some other way and post them.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Undiscovered Posts

14. Keep the faith
13. Dry county
12. I Believe
11. Save a prayer
10. Fear
9. Little bit of soul
8. In these arms
7. Starting all over again
6. If I was your mother
5. Bed of roses
4. I want you
3. Sleep when I'm dead
2. Blame it on the love...
1. Woman in love
Old 07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Jovi Freak

JOVITALK TRACK RANKINGS 2012 RESULTS

KEEP THE FAITH

After a very long delay, I can finally present to you all the results from the Keep the Faith Track Rankings. Thanks to those people who messaged me asking to bring it back and once agin, sorry for the long delay. Thankfully all my computer problems have been sorted and I can now finish off the 2012 Track Rankings.

Keep the Faith was a big one. 40 people sent in their votes and it was a tight race all the way til the end for first place. You have waited long enough for the results so here they are...

~

#14. Woman In Love
[105 Points]

Hands down the least liked song on this wonderful record is Woman In Love. It finishes in last place way behind the rest of the pack (67 points to be exact!). Over 40% of us gave the song a measly 1 point (or less!). It is the only song on the album to have not received a double digit score. It now sits as the 6th least liked song on a Jovi album with a percantage of 19.7%.

~

#13. Starting All Over Again
[172 Points]

Starting All Over Again seems to be the lesser liked bonus track on Keep The Faith. While it sits way ahead of last place, it still finishes quite low. Compared to other bonus tracks ranked so far, it sits somewhere in the middle of the pack. It's average vote was a modest 6. The love for the song seems to have dropped over the past few years where it finished four places higher in 2008.

~

#12 Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll
[184 Points]

In at 12 is Blame It On The Love - which unfortunately has a terribly used acronym BIOTLORAR. Acronyms aside, the fun party song was often referred to as the lesser loved twin of I'll Sleep When I'm Dead throughout the voting. Whether you agree with that or not, there is no denying that it is not a fan favourite. Performed live only just once, the song received an average vote of 6, just squeezing in between songs #13 and #10.

~

#11. Little Bit of Soul
[191 Points]

On each album, there has always been a song that scores a low average but still manages to finish higher than other songs with higher averages. For Keep the Faith, that song is Little Bit of Soul. Depsite scoring an average vot of just 4, the song finishes in 11th. Although still a considerably low rank, the song finishes 2 places higher than what it did in 2008.

~

#10. I Want You
[199 Points]

In at number 10 is I Want You, which had lyrics featured in the film He's Just Not That Into You. Maybe because it is over shadowed by the hugely popular Bed of Roses, but I Want You has never managed to be as popular as Jovi's other power ballads amongst die hard fans. The song received an average vote of 7 and finishes one position higher than it did in 2008.

~

#9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
[237 Points]

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead marks a jump in tallied votes on the album. Finishing nearly 40 points ahead of the bottom 5 tracks, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is the lowest rated song on the album that was released as a single (not a good thing considering Keep the Faith had six singles). Its average score was a 6.

~

#8. Save a Prayer
[256 Points]

Save a Prayer proves to be a well liked song, managing to grab votes from some people who do not normally rank bonus tracks. Scoring an impressive average vote of 9, the song moves in as the 5th favourite bonus track on a Jovi album (out of the albums ranked so far). Like a few other bonus tracks, Save a Prayer would have finished considerably higher had it been released on all versions of the album.

~

#7. Fear
[274 Points]

Finished 3 places higher than what it did in 2008, Fear comes in at 7th place. It was one of the tracks that attraced the over rated/under rater debate. The reasoning why some people gave it such a high scores was for its lyrics. Receiving mostly 7s, a quarter of voters ranked the song in their top 5 on the album.

~

#6. If I Was Your Mother
[303 Points]

The very heavy sound and slightly disturbing lyrics seem to be a win for Jovitalk members because in at #6 is If I Was Your Mother. The song scored an average vote of 9 and is the only non-single track on the album to hit the 300 point mark. The song is notable in the band's catalogue as being one of a few non-single tracks to have a film clip, as well as being one of the most rarest songs to be performed live - it's happened only once since 1992.

~

Bon Jovi are often criticized by Jovitalk members for their selection of singles from their albums. Keep the Faith seems to be the exception because 5 of the 6 singles from the album finished in the top 5 places (and well ahead of the rest of the tracks as well). In fact, 100% of voters ranked one of these top 5 songs as their favourite song. None of the other tracks managed to grab top votes.

~

#5. Bed of Roses
[388 Points]
First up is Bed of Roses which finishes in the same position it did in 2008 - 5th. Its average score was an 11, with three people ranking it as their favourite song. Bed of Roses now stands as the second best standout ballad on an album so far (behind You Want to Make a Memory for Lost Highway).

~

#4. In These Arms
[404 Points]

Just missing out on the top 3 and hitting the 400 point mark is In These Arms. Similar to Bed of Roses, three people ranked In These Arms as their favourite song on the album. Over 50% of people ranked the song in their top 4 songs on the album. Despite finishing so high, the track actually drops a spot from its 3rd place finish in 2008.

~

#3. I Believe
[439 Points]

Well ahead of the other tracks, but not close to the top 2 songs, is I Believe. This song swaps places with In These Arms this time around, as last time I Believe finished in 4th. Other than a score of 2, the song received nothing less than a 7. Five people rank I Believe as their favourite song on the album.

~

#2. Dry County
[503 Points]

People were surprised when Livin' on a Prayer didnt finish #1 in the Slippery When Wet track rankings... how more surprising will it be to find out that the beloved Dry County did not finish #1 for Keep the Faith! Dry County scored a mammoth 503 points but it still wasn't enough to finish in the first place. Having said that, Dry County recieved the most top scores - 40% of people rank it as the best song on the album. No one gave the song a vote lower than 7. Unfortunately for Dry County fanatics, the song loses it's title as the best song on Keep the Faith (it finished #1 in 2008.)... but this time around, the winning title goes to...

~

#1. Keep the Faith
[508 Points]

... the title track! Keep The Faith is officially Jovitalk's favourite song on the Keep the Faith record... but only just! A measly five points separates first and second. Despite two less top scores than Dry County, Keep the Faith scored better votes overall - nothing less than an 8 in fact! 85% of people rank it in their top 3 for the album.

With such massive scores, both Keep the Faith and Dry County move into positions #3 and #4 respectively, as the standout tracks on an album. Undivided and Have a Nice Day remain in positions #1 and #2 respectively for scoring higher percentages on their respective albums.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Jovi Freak

FINAL TALLY

Thoughts?

If people are willing, I will continue to run these rankings for the final 4 rounds; New Jersey, These Days, The Circle and Greatest Hits.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
It's my post

Oh, wow. Totally forgot about this.

But hooray, Keep the Faith beat the most overrated song on the board!

Disclaimer: Dry County is still awesome, but I think it's crazy overrated.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Price of posting

Dry County over rated?

Yes please Savvi - keep these coming. Thanks
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
If people are willing, I will continue to run these rankings for the final 4 rounds; New Jersey, These Days, The Circle and Greatest Hits.
Please do. And thanks for this round, again
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Posting everyday

Had almost forgotten about this but I remember thinking during the course of the voting "KTF might win this time around" - turned my feeling was right.

Thanks for the all the work once again Savii!!!

And, just for the record, IIWYM was played live twice
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Blaze of Posting

I love these. Please keep doing them!