View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Keep the Faith

New Jersey with HAND and Crush is my TOP 3 albums from BJ. Altough my nr 1 is HAND these 3 Cd say all about me.
On New Jersey we have best team work from band.
I love screams in Lay Your Hands, Living In Sin or I'll Be There For You.
Lyrically it's of course cheese and naive album but I'm alright with that Because I love this young looking on life and love.
When I listen Crush I hear great fun from band, when I listen HAND I hear optimistic and selfbelieve. When I hear this one I hear passion for live and love.

BRILLIANT:
12.Born To Be My Baby - Ok. We have some awfull lyrics like "We both got jobs cause there's bills to pay" Probably one of their worst line in history, but People how I can describe rest of the song??

Magic? Pure music orgasm? I love it all my heart. I love these naive lyrics and power how Jon and band are singing it. One of my dream is hear this one with harmonica at the end. Version from Santiago Chile is my favourite one.

11.Wild Is The Wind - How I can shooce which song is better between Born To Be and this one?? I decided to put this one on 11 place just because this one wsn't realised as a single.

10.I'll Be There For You - monster ballad. Ok. It's very rip off from Beatles song and this song is probably taken/stolen from other young band but I don't care. They have money so lets pay Beatles and this band because it's worth any money. It start slow but after first chorus it start what always give me chills. I love Jon & Richie part before solo and after solo. I love solo but part after solo is one of my favourite all time. "I wasn't there... to scream" - genius.

09.Living In Sin - Passion, passion, passion. I decided that end of this song will be my new ringtone. Just because I hear pure energy end emotions on this. I'm big fan of Jon type of singing at the end of this sog.

GREAT:
08.Lay your Hands On Me - Pure Hard Rock. Great Riffs, great voice and fantastic play by Tico and David.

07.Bad Medicine - It's strange song. It's catchy but I never really loved this one. I think Born To Be My Baby or Love Is War should be lead single not this one. But I like it now live. In MSG (audio included on DVD from MSG) they played it in fantastic way. Absolutelly brilliant! I prefer it now live than in 80/90s

06.Ride Cowboy ride - On of the first song which I learn to play on guitar. Really nice intro to stick.

05.Stick To Your Hears - another cowboy-song classic.

GOOD:
04.99 In The Shade - I love upbeat tempo of this one. Party song.

03.Blood On Blood - I have problem with this one. I think it's overrated on this board. And Ihad some time in my live that I thought that this one shouldn't be ont this album. But I always really loved part when Jon is singing "Now Bobby, he's an..". And I have great memories when I and my 2 friends from Poland singing it all from start to end on last show in Dresden.

OK:
02.Homebound Train - Ok. It's good song but I would put this off NJ and put in Love Is War
01.Love For Sale - ok. Nothing special.

I must say that we also have some great demos from this one:
- Love Is War - this should be single maybe even lead
- Growing Up A Hard Way - I want to hear this in normal quality.
- Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore - another fantastic ballad.

Altough I love New Jersey I would change something like this:
01.Lay your Hands On Me
02.Bad Medicine
03.Love Is War
04.Born To Be My Baby
05.Living In Sin
06.Wild Is The Wind
07.Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore
08.Growing Up The Hard Way
09.Blood On Blood
Ride Cowboy Ride (Intro)
10.Stick To Your Guns