View Single Post

Old 09-03-2012, 11:36 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
On a sidenote, as you linked the mid-tempo demo of Bitter Wine: I had always wondered why the lyrics in my CD booklet differed from the album version. Now, listening to this, I realized the different passages are from this demo version.
Which leads me to the though that they had the intention to put this one on the album and just swapped it in the last moment for the stripped-down acoustic performance.
Very well thought out. I've wondered these things before as well. When Crush came out the lyrics were posted online and they differed from what was on the final version that was for sale in stores. Once the promo for Crush was uploaded to sites like Napster and the likes it turned out that Jon had re-recorded various verses if I remember.

When listening to the demo for Bitter Wine it just doesn't sound like anything that'd be put on the final tracklist though, it sounds too much of a demo, too rough. When Jon did interviews during the These Days era he always described it as an R&B song and never mentioned anything of it being a rocking song, so I wonder when the plan changed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan