Thread: Wanted rip off?
View Single Post

Old 07-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Bongo VII Send a message via MSN to Bongo VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Yeah I know, but not all country songs sound like white men shooting indians to me. I mean, some country borders on folk, some just have the typical steel guitars, and some are just laid back radio rock. With all the other given factors I guess it's not only because of it being a country song. The other way around, if you take Blaze Of Glory (the album), the songs all have the cowboy-vibe, but not all of them are country songs.

Oh, and when's that "state of the blog"-adress coming?
No, not all country songs have that cowboy vibe, but to claim a song is a rip-off of a Bon Jovi song because of that vibe credits them with inventing it, which they certainly did not. That's Waylon Jenning's son, I'll bet you $20 whatever cowboy inspiration he has doesn't come from one Bon Jovi song.

I don't know. I don't hear "rip-off" when I listen to it. Maybe I'm not listening hard enough.

And a blog update will come when I have something more to say than "I'm a bit disillusioned with Bon Jovi at the moment so I have no idea when I'll be motivated enough to update."