View Single Post

Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

*The come back hit of It's My Life taking the world by storm

*Seeing the band in St. Louis in 2000. It had been a while since my last show and they were amazing that night. Believe it or not, it was the first time I ever got to hear I'll Be There for You and that was one song I had been dying to hear forever so I was over the moon--and I heard it properly sung by Jon. I don't even like the song Never Say Goodbye all that much, but Jon came out for another encore by himself and started it acoustically and I just about lost it. Then everyone else joined him.

*Traveling to Atlanta with my dad and my friends Julie and Colleen along with a girl from Alabama (via India) to see them in 2003. I didn't know it was the last road trip I'd take with my dad. He quipped that I had a variety of friends (A Yankee, a Redneck, and an Indian). Of course, the concert was great too, but the memories are more important.

*The Borgata shows for TLFR. I was sick as a damn dog at both of them, but they were really great shows. I usually can't stand Bad Name live, but it was one of he highlights of those shows. I liked night one better. I wish they'd done the DVD of it.

*The duet with Keith Urban. It may not have been released, but I'll always enjoy it anyway.

*The Box Set: In particular certain songs--Satellite, You Can Sleep While I Dream, Rich Man Living in a Poor Man's House, Kidnap an Angel...several others I can't remember right now because it's too early in the morning!

*Seeing the band in Omaha in 2005. It had been a while since I had seen them last and a lot had happened. I had kind of gotten away from Bon Jovi because my father had died and I associated so much of Bon Jovi with him. I had very much gotten into Keith Urban and had been following him in concert and since he puts on an utterly amazing show and is such a phenomenal guitarist in addition to being a great front man/singer I was honestly wondering if Bon Jovi would even live up anymore. Also, I saw both acts in Omaha just a few weeks apart (my signature pictures are both from Omaha). So I was relieved and impressed when I saw Bon Jovi and they were just as good as I remembered them. Jon's still the best front man in the world.

*Lost Highway album. I really enjoy that album.

*Walk Like a Man bonus track--not only should it have been on the regular album, it should have been a single. If they had anyone in their camp who actually listened to country music they would have known that was the song that would have grabbed the country market, both males and females.

*Seeing a couple of shows in Boston on the Lost Highway tour. Colleen had apparently tried to kill me the night before the first show with her cooking (food poisoning) so before we ever left for the show I told her I wished we didn't have even have tickets because I didn't feel like going. (She's thinking "Do I take her to I take her to the ER or the psych ward?" at this point.) Somehow as soon as the show started, I was completely cured.

*Road trip to Kentucky with Colleen to see them at Churchill Downs in 2010. Dierks Bentley joined them for Wanted Dead of Alive. (I put it on youtube but I can't remember my username. This is someone else's video of it.)

*Jon & Richie being inducted to Songwriter's Hall of Fame
*Jon's 2nd Golden Globe Nomination
*Winning a Grammy Award
*Charting a #1 Country Song
*Jon's performance of Hallelujah on MSG
*You Want to Make a Memory
*Whole Lot of Leaving
*Love's the Only Rule
*We Got It Going On (Shut up--I love this song... it's gotten me through many a bad day at work)
*I Am
*The Distance
*Mystery Train
*Just Older
*Beautiful World
*What's Left of Me