View Single Post

Old 10-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Default What Do We Want In A New Album?

Here's a hypothetical;

Let's assume that the band have taken a break. It's 2017 and Jon is eager to write another album under the name of the corporation known as Bon Jovi.

Richie and Orianthi released a decent record in mid-late 2015 with lukewarm reviews, but regardless the duo plugged the songs endlessly in 'jam sessions' on the road. Richie and Ori have kind of grown apart - she realises that Richie is an old man and relies on little blue pills to get the motor running. Anyhow, Richie and Jon aren't on terms, but they aren't pitted against each other. There is an opportunity for them to reunite.

Tico, Dave and Hugh have had well-deserved breaks and are feeling refreshed and satisfied, albeit a little older. John Shanks is keen to continue his 10+ year stint with the band and is available if Jon so wishes, alternately he could look elsewhere. Jon has the option to employ Phil X and/or Bobby Bandiera as session guitarists in the studio, but only Bobby would be on the road.

Jon's vocal state is at his best since 2011 as the rest did well for him (wishful thinking I know).

My question to you, members of Jovitalk, is what should happen next? What should the lineup/arrangement be for the next (and possibly final) chapter of Bon Jovi? What kind of style/production should they aim for? How should their touring be scheduled? And most importantly how should Jon have his hair?

KS