View Single Post

Old 10-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Breakout

Jon's voice isn't capable of the "rock" songs we grew up listening to. Like a previous poster said, the best thing you can get from his voice is emotion these days...not screams, not high pitches...unless altered dramatically in the studio.

I would prefer it if they took an alternative rock sound route and stop trying to beat a dead horse with the sound of music from Crush-What About Now. The band needs a shift musically, similar to New Jersey to Keep the Faith. I would prefer slower, melodic rock songs with emotion and lyrics that actually meant something (like the lyrics found on the These Days album).

I don't want political themed, working man, live your life music. Give me something showing the internal personal struggles the members of the band are going through...or songs written about the realization that they are getting older and reflecting on life. I'm not saying turn fully into Bon Iver or Ryan Adams, but give me music with depth and meaning. I thought Not Running Anymore was a step in the right direction, but still utilize the talents of the band members and let their respective instruments tell a story.

My two cents.