View Single Post

Old 06-29-2016, 06:38 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

For me personally, DA is one of those albums where every time I listen to it, I notice something different. Every song is likable in one way or another, and the album art, production, and themes are all very consistent and interrelated. The feels very connected with the real world, and yet remains relatively 'arty'. Ugly, Every Word Was A Piece Of My Heart, Queen of New Orleans, Learning How to Fall, It's Just Me, Little City - they're all greats songs in my opinion and speak to the listener in quite an intimate and real way.

I love this album, though I do prefer the Jovi records of that decade. The live performances I've seen on YT from this era are phenomenal and very unique - they have a distinct identity. Unreleased songs were being thrown around, plenty of album tracks, high energy from Jon, and solid vocals. I only which I was around to experience it first-hand!