View Single Post

Old 08-26-2003, 03:41 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohosid
OK, so he enjoyed himself a bit...but why are you slagging him now, based on events 10 years ago??? Are you so naive that you think Jon, Richie and especially Tico (who now won't touch booze at all....) didn't ever play drunk?? Get real. Read "The Dirt" by Mötley...it just about says that the Bon Jovi guys were into cocaine. You say that people said he looked like he was 60.....and???? He is in his 50's....so what if he looks his age....isn't that better than being artificially young? I'm not saying that he's any better or worse than Hugh. But you can't know that either - Alec's problems were over a decade ago....Stop being such a ****.
I'm not slagging Alec off. The difference between Alec and Jon, Richie, Tico, and David is that while the rest of them outgrew that kind of behavior to some extent, Alec didn't. He didn't play on any CDs after New Jersey, Hugh did that yet Alec was still officially the bass player. He continued to tour with them...up until the point where I think Jon and Richie said they weren't willing to sacrifice their live shows anymore. Richie is actually the one who said that Alec was making too many mistakes on stage. I was responding to the person's post saying they liked Alec over Hugh because he had personality. Maybe he did have personality, but he ****ed up.