View Single Post

Old 08-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Jovi2003 - your were slagging Alec off....to quote you...

"He's probably laying up drunk somewhere" - that comment is based on your knowledge that he had a drink problem 10 years ago. Nikki Sixx was (is) a heroin addict, yet he has pulled his life around, why are you assuming that Alec hasn't?

I'm not saying that I want Alec back in the band - too much time has gone since that point I think. But I don't like people slagging someone for no reason. YES, Alec had problems and was eventually let go from his duties in the band. Some rumours will say that he wasnt' playing on the albums, but there is no official word on that,...so that's all it is, a rumour. Whatever the real story, the band lost touch with him, which is sad. If he was an alcoholic - he probably could have used the help of the people he had spent 10 years with. The Behind The Music, where they state that they are not in touch with him much anymore, was recorded before he joined them at Giants Stadium. From that, I'd say that they have worked out whatever differences they may still have. Jon seems to work through problems, and keep people close, after all - he is still friends with Doc McGhee!