View Single Post

Old 02-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Jovi Freak

Default What's the worst song on Bounce?

Given the topic of "Bounce could have been a much better album if they only swapped some tracks out and b-sides in" is reoccuring around here, I was wondering... is there even a consensus as to what the worst song on the album is? I mean, you gotta swap something out, obviously. Discussions usually tackle both "what should have been in instead" as well, and things tend to get a little messy from there, since that's basically two questions in one.

Since the album's direction is all over the place, a lot of the lesser tracks still serve as a token track in a particular style. Plus IMO you shouldn't delete singles, since that's just not something that could have ever happened.

Track by track:
1. Undivided - no way. Great opener, must stay
2. Everyday - first single, one of four rock-ish songs, stay
3. The Distance - okay track, was played live and I think most people enjoy it - stay
4. Joey - I know a lot of people don't like that one. Me, I do. I vote stay
5. Misunderstood - terrific pop track, stay
6. All About Lovin' You - super bland with super dated and weak production, but was a single - stay
7. Hook Me Up - notable for being rather heavy, nice attitude, stay
8. Right Side Of Wrong - sole JBJ credit, epic storytelling (by the band's 2002 standards), not a huge fan but the only one of its kind on the album, so stay
9. Love Me Back To Life - tough one. For me, I think it's a lesser version of The Distance plus it features the ol' talkbox, but I think some people actually prefer it over The Distance? I vote out
10. You Had Me From Hello - great intro lick, but the rest is super boring, plus It Only Takes One To Say Goodbye pulls off that vibe in a much more convincing manner. I say out
11. Bounce - promo-single, was played live, great track, stay
12. Open All Night - I think this one was hated on release, but is actually a pretty little ballad. It just has no business closing the album. Undecided

I suppose the next step would be to find out whether the unused tracks could have been good subsitutes for the tracks deemed "worst", but... one thing at a time.

So, what's the consensus on the worst track(s) on the album that could/should have been left out?

Last edited by Alphavictim; 02-27-2018 at 03:34 PM..