View Single Post

Old 03-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
He didn't produce Complicated.

And yeah, Martin's fingerprints are all over Complicated. I don't mind him writing with BJ, but much like Desmond Child, you can pretty much tell when he was involved with the writing (Desmond recycled the rhythm structure of Bad Name so often it's not even funny - so most of the points raised in the video aren't exactly new). Not so much with Taylor Swift, who always hires a dozen of other writing doctors as well, but that's hardly an accomplishment.

I like his writing for/with Pink, though. It almost sounds like his least diluted work (which makes sense, she tends to use less cowriters), but her attitude and voice makes it work.
You are right, I meant involvement not production. But it's obvious they got him for his style, not for his lyrical sensibilities. He couldn't have possibly written more than one line *wink*wink*

I also agre that Martin's level of influence varies according to the involvement and "authenticness" of the artist he's working for. Which is why I think it sounds so out of place in Bon Jovi, the styles don't gel together.

Speaking of producers, I didn't realize for many years that Rick Parashar had worked for Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Blind Melon. He produced Ten!! And then produced the poppiest Bon Jovi songs to that date (not *then* chronologically of course)

This is the clearest example to rebuke all the "fire Shanks! hire new blood! work with a real rock producer" outcry

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know

Last edited by symbeline; 03-12-2018 at 04:56 PM..