Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

What's the worst song on Bounce?

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-10-2018, 12:44 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Worst song on Bounce?

Easy answer as I don't like love songs unless they are cheesy, over-the-top 80s power ballads, so I'd get rid of You Had Me From Hello which I haven't heard since the first time (real stinker) and depending on my mood of AALY too. It's not horrible but it's so bland it hurts my hears. Open All Night has a mixture of good lyrics and nice atmosphere but also some really cringe-worthy lines so sometimes I skip it.

From the demos, I'd get rid of Lucky since it fits Crush more. I like it, but it clashes with the rest. We Can Dance is not my style either.

I'd have made No Regrets the first single. It's not the best, the lyrics are so-so but fits the theme of the album, it's not an IML copycat and sounds radio-ready without being too polished, assuming they went with the actual demo.

I have a soft spot for Everyday though, sounds more sincere than IML if only because it changes from a third person (not all the song but parts) to a first person narrator-sounds as if they are trying to inject their perspective into the song instead of randomly adding lines that people would go "oh, that's a callback to that song, oh that's something they've said" to make it sound like a BJ song when it doesn't. The message in Everyday is trying to be uplifting and universal and is as simple as it gets and all that, especially paired with the video, but there are some truths in there mixed with what I guess was the contribution of the other writer (the swedish guy), the universal and safe themes.

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know

Last edited by symbeline; 03-10-2018 at 12:48 AM..

Old 03-10-2018, 12:58 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I have the theory that if HAND wasn't a BJ song nobody here would like it. It's... the lyrics... and the video is...

I've grown more used to the demo and I tend to sing it over the finished track. It makes it slightly interesting, both lyrically and musically. IWTBL too, subtle changes that make for great lyrics on the demo. The demos in fact tie thematically the first half of the album with the second much better.

And now that I've stated my unpopular opinion somebody can point out that I like Complicated and that negates anything I've said

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 03-10-2018, 02:03 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
I have the theory that if HAND wasn't a BJ song nobody here would like it. It's... the lyrics... and the video is...
Interesting since HAND was the last single that sounded somewhat fresh to me (even though it clearly was a IML clone) and not like an old band trying to sound hip and relevant and falling straight on their faces or poorly rehashing older songs.
And the video was quite decent, too. But they haven't made a good one after Make A Memory anyway.

On the other hand - I hate Complicated
Old 03-10-2018, 07:44 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I never saw HAND as an IML clone. Only in theme. Musically it was fresh and had energy to it but didn't sound too much like it.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
HAND is one of my favourite post 2000 BJ tracks...
Old 03-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Jovi FANatic

HAND is a great song. Decent video too.

I think I’m one of the few here who like Complicated and Unbreakable.

Surely nobody thinks Unbreakable is serious? It’s purposely OTT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

HAND is great. The sound of the demo is slightly better, its rougher and angrier and has the slow acoustic bit, although the final lyrics are better. Probably a bit much going on with backing vocals is the only complaint I can level at it.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 03-10-2018, 11:09 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I love HAND too and the video is possibly my favourite even though it's a big rip off from Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love?

Not sure what my worst song on Bounce is. Probably Open All Night.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 03-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Price of posting

Have a Nice Day is a great energy song, with attitude, something I miss now. Also a great riff and a good solo, about the video, I love that iconic image that Richie Sambora draws with his double-mast telecaster, something that I also miss in current shows.

For me, this song is 100% Bon Jovi, it sounded more organic than Its My Life with those guitars, although I must admit that the first time I heard it, I was very shocked by the mix and the alteration in Jon's voice. About HAND Demo, I love it too.

Complicated is the worst of the album with Wildflowers and Last Cigarrette.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-10-2018 at 01:29 PM..
Old 03-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Jovi Freak

Speaking of Complicated, you lot ever noticed that the B-part of the chorus ("it's alright, it's okay...") sounds quite a lot like the b-part of I Kissed A Girl's chorus? Max Martin was involved with both songs, too.