View Single Post

Old 04-16-2014, 06:19 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
All true points that just add to the complication of such a project.

As far as royalties go, we really don't know what Alec would get but being that he is no longer in the band, I think it would eat Jon up knowing that he would still make money on such a project even if the amounts were low.

With the decline of album sales as a whole, it's highly unlikely that we'll get any such type of release, including a 2nd Box Set especially without a promotion and mini-tour.
I just don't think he obsesses over money to the point where if some goes to Alec it's better to not release it at all.

I know I've said this a billion times since 2005 but I'd rather they go the opposite way and just put the tracks to iTunes. The audience that wants it will find it easy, promo'ing and mini-tour won't do jack all as it's not aimed at the general public. If the public isn't going to accept new albums, singles and videos they sure as hell aren't going to want b-sides and alternate versions. Putting them online, even with a paid subscription service if need be, completely takes out the overhead and it's pure profit.