View Single Post

Old 04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I dont see another boxset coming out. Times have changed.

I was at Universal when the 100m Fans...came out and it only sold something like 8000 copies in the UK by the time Id left ( mid 2006).

Causal fans and even some die hards just dont buy those type of things. I think it was about £49.99 when it came out over here.

I got 3 copies in the end from Universal. Me, my dad and my sister all have one.

But times have changed and the record company would be on a huge loss due to poor sales now days.
100 Million Fans had so much wasted space though. 90 minute CDs were only being filled to 60. We also got some songs that weren't really necessary to include like Real Life & Edge plus some already released b-sides. I could also pass on songs that the other guys had lead vocals on too, esp Dave and Tico.

If you break it down, 2 full CDs could have been equally satisfying. Figure 90 minutes, 18 songs each totaling 36 songs all together. Exclude the ones mentioned above and you're pretty much there.

2 CDs priced at 10 bucks would be more than generous back then, however in today's times, it still wouldn't sell.