View Single Post

Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-flp View Post
Box sets are in the past. Get over it people.

I don't have the box. I wanted it so much years ago, but it was released too expensive here in Brazil.
The price in the date of launch here? R$ 300,00. Just craziness. Nowadays, doesn't make any sense to release a box set.

I just don't get why not release all the material digitaly. I love buy CD's, but if you going to make like you did with WAN...there's no reason to release something like that. (I'm not talking about the quality of songs)
It would make Jon a hypocrite if took that approach. Last Man Standing. He's anti digital download and all about the album.

With a CD you could still get the die-hards but with a bunch of digital downloads, it would get lost in the shuffle. All it takes is one person to download it and it's free to the world with no other attraction to it. With a CD, you have an actual physical product. If it's just a digital release, I'm not buying it.

As a die-hard, I still like to purchase a physical CD and put it on my shelf with the others. I like to put the new CD in my player, skim through the booklet, and take in that new CD plastic smell.

I think they should take 36 unreleased songs, fill-up two solid CDs, and sell it on special for 9.99.... And then have a code in the booklet where you could go online and download a few extra songs for free and watch a video or something.