View Single Post

Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLady View Post
Look, I'm a Bon Jovi fan and love their songs but just because they are a global success 30 years on doesn't mean that they are a seminal rock band who should be in the RRHOF. There are many artists who still deserve to be inducted who were/are 1) less successful 2) ignored/forgotten by the public but who played a part in changing music. Do you truly think that Bon Jovi is an iconic band that has influenced music in a significant way? They are very very good at what they do (and I wouldn't call them "New Jersey pretenders") but I don't see them as creative leaders in the field of music. Maybe if they are still touring after 40 years they might get a nod just because of longevity.
I don't really see Kiss as creative leaders of music either though and they got inducted so *shrugs* but then we've discussed this many times on the board.

But did they influence music? I'd say pretty much the entire eighties rock scene had a lot to do with them.

Last edited by crashed; 08-01-2015 at 10:54 PM..