View Single Post

Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I sure have never seen these pictures. They come from an article in my Facbook feed called Vintage photos of rock, pop and soul in N.J. Here is the link if you want to see all the pictures:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...oul_in_nj.html

Richie:

Richard Stephen “Richie” Sambora is pictured at the far left in this photo of the band “Horizon” taken in Woodbridge in 1976.

Individuals posting on the Facebook page “Things That Aren’t There Anymore” identify the other band members as, from left, Steve Hudak, Ray Ruiz, Joe Rapetti and John Slevin.

Friends of the band members recall Horizon jamming in basements and competing in “Battle of the Bands” competitions at Woodbridge High School, as well as playing at the school’s Junior Cotillion in 1976.

Sambora, according to songkick.com, was born in Perth Amboy and raised in Woodbridge, graduating from Woodbridge High School in 1977. His professional career included a stint with the band Mercy, touring with Joe Cocker and auditioning for Kiss. Sambora was selected as Bon Jovi’s lead guitarist in 1983.

Bobby:

Bobby Bandiera of the band Holme is shown performing at Art Stock's Royal Manor South in Wallt Twp. In 1978. Listen to "The Garden State Parkway Boogie." Courtesy of L.H. Collins

You write your truth and I'll write mine.